Professionals working with adults
All referrals (including safeguarding, care and mental health):
Make a referral (professionals)
Members of the public
For advice or to make a self-referral to adult social services (including mental health referrals), complete the online form:
Make a self-referral or request a review
Alternatively, you can email
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 126 1000 (Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm)
If you need to contact adult social services urgently during the evening, at night or at the weekend, phone our Emergency Duty team on
An operator will answer the phone and take details of the problem and your contact details. They will then pass this information over to the duty social worker.
What happens next?
The duty social worker will contact you and give you advice and guidance over the phone on how to deal with the problem, or they may:
- Recommend that you contact another more appropriate agency; they will give you the contact details
- Refer the matter on to another social services team the next working day
- Visit you or the person with the problem
What sort of problems can the out of hours team deal with?
- Older people who are at risk or who need immediate help
- Concerns about a person with a physical or a sensory disability
- Support in coping with someone who has severe learning difficulties or mental health problems
- Mental Health Act assessments
- Act as an appropriate adult for vulnerable adults