If you need further copies of your marriage certificate after your marriage, you can order them below. Certificates cost £10 per copy plus £2.00 for post and packaging.
Order a copy certificate
Before you start
- If you were married in a church or place of worship in Northamptonshire, please contact them first as they may still hold the register of your marriage. In this case they will need to provide the copy certificate.
- It's not possible to pick up copy certificates from our registration offices
- The quickest and easiest way to request a copy certificate is to apply online
We will post your certificate within seven working days of receipt of the order, using 2nd class post for standard applications.
Place an order
Other ways to order
You can order by telephone. Please note there is a £6 handling fee charged for copy certificate orders made through the Customer Service Centre in addition to the certificate fee and post and packaging. To order by telephone please
contact Northamptonshire Registration Service.
Correcting a mistake on my marriage certificate
Sometimes mistakes can be made on a certificate that we issue. It may be possible to correct that mistake, but we can only do so to registrations that were originally made in Northamptonshire.
What does it cost?
If it is our mistake then there is no charge, but please be aware that immediately after your marriage the registrar will ask you to check the information carefully and sign the register to say it's correct.
If it is the customer's mistake then the fee to consider the correction application will be up to £90. Please note that consideration does not guarantee that the correction application will be accepted.
How do I get it changed?
If you think information on a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate is wrong, you will need to provide evidence from the time of the registration showing the correct information.
When you have collected the evidence you need to support your request for a correction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- your name, address, telephone number and email address
- the name(s), date and type of certificate that you would like correcting
- details of the correction to be made
- details of the evidence that you will be submitting to support your request
Depending on the circumstances, the correction may or may not be simple to make, so we will contact you to discuss your case in more detail and explain what happens next.