If you are a
consumer looking for an approved trader please go to the Consumers -
How to Buy with Confidence page.
Show your customers the sign of trust
If you are an honest and reputable trader based in the Northamptonshire area, then it’s time you joined the Buy With Confidence Scheme. Show your customers that you are Trading Standards Approved.
How do I apply?
If you are committed to providing a quality service and are willing to abide by the spirit and letter of the law, you may be eligible to join.
If you are interested in joining the scheme please visit
www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk where you will find full terms and conditions and an application form.
Alternatively, for more information email:
How much does it cost?
On applying to join the scheme you will have to pay the application fee and the annual membership fee. In subsequent years, you will only be charged the annual membership fee.
All fees are exclusive of VAT and are on a sliding scale based on employee numbers:
|1-5 employees||£125.00||£250.00 |
If you are not accepted onto the scheme we will refund the annual membership fee. Fees are reviewed annually with any new fees applying from 1st April each year.
Fees and charges
If you or your employees visit homes or gardens then a basic Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check will be required. The CRB check and details of the current cost can be obtained from www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
What are the benefits?
- Independent recognition of your business standards
- Beneficial publicity
- Membership certificate, van stickers and logo use approval
- Pre-entry vetting to ensure the integrity of the scheme and that high standards are maintained
- Your name held on a list held by the Citizens Advice consumer service and Northamptonshire County Council to recommend to consumers
- A place on the national, searchable
Buy With Confidence website with links to your own website
- Increased consumer confidence and fewer complaints
- A better relationship with regulators based on co-operation rather than enforcement
- Information on new legislation affecting your business along with trade scams
How to contact Trading Standards
If you are a business and would like to speak to someone from Trading Standards, please contact us.