Type of service:
Eskdaill House, Eskdaill Street, Kettering, Northamptonshire NN16 8RA
What Central England People First do
• Running and controlling their own organisation
• Committee meetings to talk about how the organisation is run, making the decisions.
• Conferences - Central England People First get invited to a lot of conferences to talk about what they do.
• Research - Central England People First get money to find out about the lives of people with learning difficulties.
• Advocacy work - Central England People First help people speak up about things, like if they want to move. They support people at their reviews so they can say what they want.
• Partnership Board - This is a big meeting with lots of people that make a lot of decisions about our services. Central England People First have a voice here.
• Social nights - Central England People First go out to different pubs, meals and karaoke.
What Central England People First can offer you:
• Office skills
• Computer skills
• Telephone skills
• Meetings, share your ideas
• Working with a charity which is controlled by you
• A chance to be on our Management Committee
• Learn to be a advocate, speaking up for others
• Help look for a job
• To be a part of a team
• Gain confidence
• Being a part of your community
• Help fund raise
Contact provider for details
16 years - 99 years
- Adults With Learning Disabilities
- Contact service direct
- No referral needed
Last updated on: