Type of service:
1-3 Newton Close,
We are a mix of people and organisations who want to see people with disabilities have greater choice in the way we live and feel part of our community.
In the Housing Network we are working together to help find out more about the many ways of living and the steps we need to take to be able to choose a new home.
The Housing Network offers the following support to help you feel you have a choice about how you live, these include:
1. Running Housing Training Programmes to help you think about your housing needs and options
2. Helping you try out different ways of living
3. Helping professionals to help you better
4. Helping Young people and their families find out about Housing
5. We have started a Housing Options Club, where people and professionals can get together to explore housing Options for people with disabilities (see below for more details)
6. We have started a Housing Brokerage service, where someone works along side a person with a disability to help them explore their housing options and accompany them on their housing journey.
7. We are starting a people matching service where we can try to match people, to available housing.
Housing Options Club
We now hold a Housing Options Club, once a month, so that disabled people thinking about finding a new home, can come together with their family / carers and professionals to look at housing options and issues around helping disabled people get a suitable home.
Self Employment Training
We believe that self employment is a good opportunity for disabled people to work, as it means people can work flexible days and hours to suit their health condition or disability. However it isn’t an easy option, as it means people have to be self motivated and also able to ensure they can make enough money to live on; they are responsible for paying their tax, insurance and book keeping.
16 years - 99 years
Last updated on: