Cottons Farmhouse is a place where people with learning disabilities can find friendship, acceptance, belonging, and opportunities to flourish and grow as individuals. About Learning Disabilities WebsiteAbout Learning Disabilities
was formed to offer a unique reference point on comprehensive advice on learning disabilities.
Whether you're directly or indirectly affected by learning disabilities, or perhaps interested in working within learning disability services, the website acts as a guide to inform and educate about aspects of the many different types of learning disabilities.
You can find information on:
• Learning Disabilities
• Disability Rights & Values
• Help and Support
• Types of Disabilities
• Social and LeisureCaring and Sharing Trust - Adult Day Provision
Caring and Sharing Trust's Day Centre provides a range of therapy programmes for adults with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and complex emotional needs.
Led by a team of therapists, activities include; art, dance, music, drama, singing, sports, performance, photography, and sculpture. As well as providing plenty of opportunities for fun and enjoyment, all the activities are designed to help people develop a range of important skills and abilities: communication skills, confidence, self-esteem, social skills, teamwork, etc. Caring and Sharing Trust - Saving the Faith UK
Saving Faith UK aims to identify and meet the spiritual and religious needs of people with learning disabilities, enriching their lives and opening the door to new possibilities. Caring and Sharing Trust - Family Support
Providing support the whole family is at the heart of the Caring and Sharing philosophy of care. The Family Support service helps parents and relatives deal with emotional as well as practical issues. Caring and Sharing Trust - Workshops and Seminars
Caring and Sharing provides training for nurses, teachers, day care and residential staff, health care professionals, social workers, etc. Courses offered include:
• Arts Based Therapies
• Anger Management and Challenging Behaviour
• Working with Families
• Faith, Spirituality and Learning Disability
• Accessing the Community
• Group Therapy
• Marketing Charities Children’s Aid Team
The Children's Aid Team run a number of projects including:
• An information service
• 'Animal Facilitated Therapy'
• ‘Once Upon a Time’, a story-telling project
• 'The Sounds of Happiness', a communication development project
• 'Puppet Therapy'
• 'New Beginnings', a transition project for young people leaving school
• "Meet My Friends" a project for children in mainstream schools with special needs
• 'Making Music', a music project for schools
• 'ArtWorks Together', an art therapy project
• 'Blooming Wonderful', a gardening project