Type of service:
Advice And Information
49 Greek Street, London, WD1 4EG
The HMSA is the only charity offering both practical support and Information Standards Accredited health and care information to people who have a hypermobility syndrome or who are involved in the care of someone with any of the hypermobility syndromes, including Joint Hypermobility Syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (all sub-types), Marfan syndrome, Sticklers and Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
Support and advice for people affected by hypermobility
• Accredited website
• Internet forums for peer support, moderated to ensure they are safe and accurate (some areas are only accessible by members)
• Helpline for support and advice, 7 days a week
• Local support groups, run by trained volunteers*
• Locally run facebook groups* – secure places to ask questions and gain valuable peer support, moderated by trained volunteers.
• Residential conferences and hypermobility masterclass events offering a chance to socialise with others who understand life with a hypermobility syndrome and improve understanding of hypermobility syndromes and their management**
• 1:1 advice from trained staff.*
• Advocacy is offered on a case by case basis. (This is not a guaranteed service as it depends on staff time and also proof of diagnosis via a medical letter.)*
*denotes a members only benefits
**priority given to members
Last updated on: