Autism Concern provides specialist support and advice for Northamptonshire’s autism community. They run a number of youth groups, community and activity days for children and young people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). They also an information, advice and guidance team who are available on a free helpline (0808 808 9090) or via email ('email@example.com') and social media, to support people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or their families.Services include:
• Emotional support
• Behavioural advice
• Signposting to community services
• Training and awareness
• Understanding autism spectrum conditions
• Support with filling in benefits forms and applications
• Youth groups, holiday clubs and activity days
No referral is necessary to access the service however if a child wishes to attend one of the groups, an admission form and One Page Profile must be completed and returned to Autism Concern. These can be downloaded from their website
or requested by calling 01604 239404. FAQ
• Do you provide an outreach service?
No this is not within our remit.
• Do you provide behaviour management support?
No this is not within our remit, but we do provide advice via the phone and email.
• Are you able to come to my child’s school/home to put strategies in place?
Unfortunately, no, Autism Concern are not funded for that but can provide advice over the phone, via email or attending support groups across the county.