Type of service:
Advice And Information
One Angel Square, Angel Street, Northampton, NN1 1ED
Information Advice and Support Service for SEND (IASS) in Northamptonshire (previously Northamptonshire Parent Partnership Service (NPPS) is an impartial and confidential service which gives free information, advice and support about matters relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. The service operates at arms length from the local authority and clinical commissioning groups through independently trained staff.
The service is for parents or carers of children aged 0-25, and young people up to 25 with special educational needs and/or disabilities. They can self-refer or with their permission someone else can refer on their behalf. Young people (aged 16-25) can ask for support separately from their parents or carers if they wish.
IASS offer information, advice and support about any issue related to special educational needs and disability including:
• Local policy and practice
• Northamptonshire’s Local Offer
• Educational support
• Statements/ Education Health and Care Plans
• Personal budgets and personalisation
• Disagreement resolution/ mediation
Additional information about these topics is available on their website.
The service gives practical, factual and impartial information advice and support to enable parents/carers and young people to participate fully in decisions about education, health and social care. This may include:
• Advice and support by telephone or email
• Individual casework which may include support with meetings
• Help with writing letters
• Help with understanding and interpreting information provided
• Information about other services or sources of support locally or nationally
• Advice through parent/carer support groups, youth groups or training events
• Access to an Independent Supporter if required
Last updated on: