Children’s centres provide locality-based support in the centre, in community venues, or in homes. To register to use the services, groups and clubs provided by your local children's centre, please contact them directly. Go to this page for more information and to register for Children's centre services.
Children's centres provide interventions for children, parents, and carers as follows:
● Information and Advice Services
Supplying information about a range of services, including childcare and employment support.
● Stay and Play Services
Supporting parents in their role as their children’s first educators.
● School Readiness Services
Working in partnership with parents and childcare providers to improve outcomes for children.
● Health, Lifestyles and Well Being Services
Universal and targeted activities to improve outcome for parents and children. Includes ante-natal and post natal support delivered in partnership with midwives and health visitors.
● Improved Parenting and Family Support Services
Targeted support and Early Help services for families that need extra support. This may be via an EHA (early help assessment, formerly a CAF), or for Looked after Children, children on ‘Children in Need’ register, children on Child Protection Plans or Disabled Children. This includes access to victim and perpetrator domestic abuse interventions (at Level 3).
● Services to Improve Adults Personal Skills, Education and Employability
Links to benefits and debt advice, adult learning opportunities and JobCentre Plus.
● SEND group in association with Special Needs Umbrella Group (SNUG) and Special Friends every Wednesday including school holidays from 9.30 am until 12.00 pm
● Sleep Solutions (Appointment Only)
● 3rd Wednesday of each month.