Type of service:
Finance And Funding
Department for Education (DfE), Sanctuary Buildings, 20 Great Smith Street, Westminster, London SW1P 3BT
Contact your university or college to find out if you’re eligible for extra money.
You could get extra money from your university or college if you’re experiencing financial hardship. You may be, for example:
• a student with children, especially single parents
• a mature student with existing financial commitments
• from a low-income family
• a student that was previously in care (a ‘care leaver’)
• homeless or living in a foyer
What you’ll get
• The amount you can get is decided by your university or college. It’s paid in a lump sum or instalments.
• You usually won’t have to pay the money back, but in some cases you’ll get a loan that you have to repay.
How to apply
Contact the student services department at your university or college - they’ll decide if you qualify.
• a copy of your letter from Student Finance England showing how much student finance you’ll get
• documents about your finances eg bank statements and rent details
16 years - 100 years
- Contact service direct
- No referral needed
Last updated on: