Type of service:
Campbell House, Campbell Square, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 3EB
The Mental Health Navigation Team is part of the mental health Northamptonshire collaborative (MHNC), a group organisations who provide a diverse range of professional services across the county; services that are tailored to meet the needs to support each individual’s mental health, progression, development and recovery.
What does a Mental Health Navigator do?
Using motivational interviewing, the Mental Health Navigator will:
- Meet individuals in a public venue of their choosing
- Actively listen to what the individual wants to do, to make positive changes to improve their well-being
- Help the individual assess whether they are ready to make those changes
- Support the individual in planning a pathway for the changes
- Motivate the individual to make the changes that they have identified
- Give information of appropriate support agencies that the individual may wish to use
18 years - 99 years
- Professional referral
- Self referral
Last updated on: