Type of service:
Carey Suite,St Marys Hospital,Kettering,Northamptonshire,NN15 7PW
We work with adults with learning disabilities who have complex health care needs. Our goals are to ensure that their healthcare needs are met by providing specialist assessment and intervention for those that have complex physical or mental health needs or who display behaviours that challenge.
What we do
- We use a wide variety of specialist skills to support people with learning disabilities who have complex health needs. We work together with a positive approach to help you reach your full potential.
- Our community teams are made up of clinical psychologists, community nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychiatrists, speech and language therapists, healthcare assistants and administrative assistants.
- Our intensive support team consists of specialist nurse behaviour therapists, psychologists, support workers and medical staff working with individuals and their carers in the community providing specialist behavioural assessment and treatment.
- Our assessment and treatment unit is a four-bedded inpatient facility for adults with a learning disability who need assessment and treatment due to mental health or behavioural needs. A specialist multidisciplinary team staffs the unit.
- Our short term breaks for adults service is based at a six-bedded facility. It supports adults with learning disabilities and complex healthcare needs providing short term care breaks staffed by registered learning disability nurses and healthcare assistants.
- Our opportunities for you service is bespoke, offering individual tailored packages of care for children and adults.
- We work in collaborative partnership with you, your family and carers.
- We work closely with services and organisations, including GPs, hospitals and other health services, education, housing, leisure and recreational groups, private or voluntary groups, social care and health, as well as other specialist services.
- Following assessment, we will develop plans with you to address your needs.
18 years - 99 years
- Referral By Health Professional
- Via Referral Management Centre (RMC)
Last updated on: