Type of service:
Irthlingborough Road,Isebrook Hospital ,Wellingborough,Northamptonshire,NN8 1LP
We are here to help give children the best start in life. We promote physical, mental, social and emotional health for individuals, families and communities.
Health visitors are qualified nurses with additional specialist training. We work collaboratively with other agencies to provide the best possible care for children and families.
What we do
- We work to give all children a bright and inspired future, full of opportunity, dignity and pride, to grow to be the best that they can be.
- All children in Northamptonshire will have an allocated health visitor.
- When a child is born or moves to the area, the local health visiting teams are informed and will make contact with the family. If you are new to an area you can contact the health visiting team through the GP as soon as they are registered.
- Contact numbers for your health visitor can be obtained from your GP practice.
- Your child will be offered a review of growth, emotional and physical development at regular intervals. Your health visitor will give you details of other clinics and services that are available in your area.
- You can contact your health visitor for information and advice about your own health, your child’s health and development or parenting issues. For example, sleep, eating, introducing solids, minor illness, behaviour and routines, parental mental health or information about local children’s services.
- Referral By Health Professional
- Via Service Administration Hub
Last updated on: