Type of service:
The Lakeside Surgery,Willowbrook Health Centre,Corby,Northamptonshire,NN17 2UR
We provide a comprehensive treatment service for children and adults who would not or could not, because of their special needs, use a general practice dentist. We also provide oral health promotion services in a wide variety of community settings, including community groups, care home settings and support for teachers in schools.
Our service is provided by a skilled and experienced team of dentists, dental therapists, dental nurses and administrative staff who specialise in the management of patients with special needs in relation to dentistry. Many of our staff has advanced qualifications, for example in sedation for dentistry.
What we do
- We specialise in behaviour management related to dental care and aim to help patients accept dental care with minimal specialist intervention.
- We offer general dental care under local anaesthetic, including fillings, extractions and simple periodontal (gum) treatments.
- Our service provides care that is complementary to the general dental and hospital services, so we do not provide dental care on referral that is also provided in these settings.
- We provide extractions for children under general anaesthetic at our local hospitals where other treatments are not possible, as well as a mobile treatment service for children at special schools. If our service visits your child’s school, you will be sent information about appointments from the school.
- After care has been provided, we will refer you back to your dentist and write to explain what care has been provided and where appropriate, our recommendations for your future dental care.
- Anyone With Special Needs
- Referral By Dentist
- Referral By Health Professional
Last updated on: