Type of service:
St Mary's Hospital ,Sudborough House,Kettering,Northamptonshire,NN15 7PW
The continuing care team consists of friendly nurses, nursery nurses and carers. We provide individual packages for children with the most complex health needs. There is a well defined access criteria for this service, which follows national guidelines.
We work in partnership with parents/carers, providing a high level of home based care for children and support for families, helping to enable them to stay in the home environment. Care can also be provided in school, nursery or other community settings, enabling children to access day to day activities along with their peers. Continuing Care is aligned with any EHC plan that your child has.
Purpose and Aims
- To work within the framework for children and you people's continuous care.
- To provide care that meets standards set by parents/carers alongside trust policies.
- Each child will have a home held record including nursing assessments, care plans and risk assessment.
- To liaise with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure holistic delivery of care, and assessment and evaluation.
- To support families in the care of the child to enable continuation of the family unit.
- To assist in enabling the child and family to access other services and establishments relevant to their mood.
- To ensure equity within continuing care, through regular reviews and evaluations of care.
- Complex Health Condition
- Via Referral Management Centre (RMC)
Last updated on: