Type of service:
Vale Assessment and Treatment Unit, Berrywood Hospital,The Intensive Support Service,Northampton,Northamptonshire,NN5 6UD
We are a specialist team who provide intensive support and treatment to adults with learning disabilities who are experiencing mental health problems or exhibiting severely challenging behaviour. We provide this where it is most appropriate for the individual, for example in their own home, the community or within the learning disability or mental health inpatient service. Our aim is to prevent hospital admission and, where someone has been admitted to hospital, to smooth the discharge process.
Following an intensive period of assessment we develop a plan to provide a sustainable long term solution. This can include:
- plans to deal with the problems as they arise
- plans to help the person find different ways to get what they need
- psychological support to help people change the way they think and feel
- suggested changes to a person’s environment
Who do we work with?
We work closely with individuals, families and carers, the Community Teams for People with Learning Disabilities, inpatient services and other people and organisations as appropriate.
What is the referral process?
All referrals to the Intensive Support Team are made through the Community Teams for People with Learning Disabilities.
A person can be referred to the Intensive Support Team if they:
- are aged 18 and over
- have a diagnosis of learning disability
- exhibit challenging behaviour and/or a mental health problem
- require intensive assessment, help and support
Contact provider for details
18 years - 99 years
- Adults With Learning Disabilities
- Exhibit Challenging Behaviour And/or A Mental Health Problem
- Require Intensive Assessment, Help And Support
- Via Community Teams For People With Learning Disabilities
Last updated on: