Type of service:
82 Northampton Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire NN8 3HT
82 Northampton Road is a specialist short breaks (respite care) service for children whose primary need is autism (ASD). It can accommodate six children (of any gender) aged 0-18 years.
On the ground floor there is a dining room, living room, conservatory, one bedroom, a wheelchair-accessible toilet/shower, a kitchen, an office, and a laundry room. First floor accommodation comprises five bedrooms, a staff sleeping-in room, a bathroom (with a bath), a separate shower room, a fire escape, and storage space. Outside there is a fenced garden (with play equipment) and a sensory garden. 82 Northampton Road also has its own minibus.
Children / young people receiving a service at 82 Northampton Road will continue to attend their usual school whilst staying there. Transport to and from school may be provided for by the local authority. However, staff will escort children to school if necessary.
Short breaks do not usually exceed more than 3 overnights in any one stay.
• Children / young people with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (often in conjunction with a learning disability)
• Children / young people from the age of 0, up to the age of 18 years
• Children / young people from Northamptonshire
• Children / young people who need a specialist environment (provided by skilled staff using autism-specific interventions such as the TEACCH approach). There is an expectation that the child’s need will be demonstrated by them being educated in a special school or Designated Special Provision (DSP)
For more information please call the Northamptonshire County Council referral team on 0300 126 1000.
- Age - Early Years (0-5)
- Age - School (5-18)
- Any Gender
- Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Last updated on: