Type of service:
Upton,1 Willow Close,Northampton,NN5 6UH
1 Willow Close is a six bed bungalow located in Northampton. We offer an overnight care service for adults over the age of 18 who have learning disabilities and complex health needs and who require specialist care.
This is a specialist service tailored to the needs of the person, their families and their carers. It offers a much needed break for families and carers, and promotes independence and contributes towards the person’s development.
How to access the service
- If a Short Term Care service is identified as being needed, a community nurse or nurse from 1 Willow Close will present the case to the Short Term Care panel.
- The panel allocate the number of Short Term Care nights depending on the needs of the family and the person with learning disabilities. Once accepted into 1 Willow Close, each person is allocated a named nurse who provides support and advice to help with transition and settling in.
The Staff Team
1 Willow Close is staffed 24 hours a day. The team comprises of 1 Unit manager, 1 senior primary nurse (band 6) and 5 learning disability nurses (band 5). All nurses have a clinical specialism related to learning disabilities. The team also has 11 specialist trained healthcare support workers, 1 administrator and 2 driver/handypersons.
Contact provider for details
18 years - 99 years
- Adults With Complex Health Needs
- Adults With Learning Disabilities
- Referral By Community Nurse
- Via Short Term Care Panel
Last updated on: