Type of service:
St Marys Hospital,
We support children who have speech, language and communication difficulties. We help them to achieve clear and fluent speech and understand spoken language Communication is a complex skill and we use communication aids, signs, symbols and gestures to support children and young people.
We can also help children who have difficulties eating, drinking and swallowing.
We work in partnership with parents, teachers, carers, learning support assistants and childcare workers and provide training sessions for them. We create communication targets and practice activities to continue a child’s development at school and at home.
Referrals can be made via the Referral Management Centre by health, social care and education professionals.
Talking success (free training to publicly funded mainstream primary schools)
Speaking, listening and language are the foundations on which pupils build their learning. Speech and Language Therapists from NHFT are offering free training to publicly funded mainstream primary schools. The programme is being funded by Northamptonshire County Council. The training will help your school:
- Accelerate the speech, language and communication skills of pupils in order to raise achievement
- Identify and support pupils with speech, language and communication needs through targeted intervention and classroom strategies
- Evaluate the impact of speech and language intervention
- Prioritise which children will need referrals to specialist services
- Gain school to school support at forthcoming communication network meetings for course attendees
For more information go to their website.
Speech, Language And Communication Difficulties
- Professional Referral
- Via Referral Management Centre (RMC)
Last updated on: