Type of service:
61 High Street,
Kisimul School is based across two sites in Lincolnshire, and meets the needs of learners with Severe Learning Difficulties, Autism, and Challenging Behaviour aged between 8-19 years of age.
We aim to:
- Ensure that the care and education provided each day is consistent and is offered by a trained, fully integrated multidisciplinary staff team.
- Devise individual education and care programmes which aim to address the challenging behaviours that so often block socialisation and learning.
- Provide a safe, secure and structured environment in which pupils can gain confidence and achieve their potential.
- Help pupils to learn ways in which to manage and control their own behaviour.
- Work with the pupils to help them to develop their own self-help skills, leading to a greater level of independence and improved self-esteem.
- Provide opportunities for our pupils to learn socialisation skills both within school and in the local community.
- Provide physical exercise, which not only improves health but also releases unrestrained energy.
- Provide musical activities both within and outside of the classroom, as this is often a successful medium for pupils with limited communication skills.
- Work closely with parents and key staff from placing authorities to ensure that everyone is working towards the same goal.
- Involve pupils' families in the life of the school by inviting them to reviews, social events and to help with fund raising.
- Provide regular detailed reports of pupils' progress and work together with all concerned to plan post-Kisimul School placements.
Contact provider for details
8 years - 19 years
- Child With A Statement
- Child With An Education, Health And Care Plan (EHC)
- Local Authority Referral
- Via Education, Health And Care Team
Last updated on: