Type of service:
190 Bangall Road,
Headway is the UK-wide charity that works to improve life after a brain injury.
Through a range of frontline services (run from its Nottingham base and via a network of more than 100 groups and branches across the UK) Headway provides support, services, and information to brain injury survivors, their families and carers, as well as to professionals in the health and legal fields.
- Freephone nurse-led helpline: 0808 800 2244 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency fund to assist people dealing with the financial implications in the immediate aftermath of a brain injury
- Headway Acute Trauma Support (HATS) nurses to support families whose loved ones are in the acute stage of care following brain injury
- A comprehensive award-winning website containing information and factsheets on all aspects of brain injury
An award-winning range of booklets and factsheets designed to help people understand and cope with the effects of brain injury
- A network of more than 120 groups and branches that provide physical, cognitive and social rehabilitation and support to individuals and families
- An accreditation scheme for approved residential homes, rehabilitation units and respite facilities specialising in ABI
- A directory of over 170 specialist brain injury solicitors, to help people get the legal advice they need after brain injury
- Training courses to improve knowledge and understanding among professionals working in the field of brain injury. Courses include: 'Understanding Brain Injury,' 'Challenging Behaviour Following Acquired Brain Injury,' and 'Sex & Sexuality Following Acquired Brain Injury.'
18 years - 99 years
- Family And Carers Of A Person With Brain Injury
- Health Professionals
- Legal Professionals
- Person With A Brain Injury
Contact Service Direct
Last updated on: