Type of service:
Westmead House, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 7LP
Makaton is a language programme using signs and symbols to help people to communicate. It is designed to support spoken language and the signs and symbols are used with speech, in spoken word order.
With Makaton, children and adults can communicate straight away using signs and symbols. Many people then drop the signs or symbols naturally at their own pace, as they develop speech.
The Makaton Charity exists to ensure that everyone living with learning or communication difficulties has the tools and resources they need to communicate. They work towards this through our activities:
• providing training to families, carers, and professionals
• developing and producing printed and electronic resources
• working with others to make their information accessible
• providing advice and support for families and professionals
• working in partnership to influence society and empower people
The website holds information about Makaton, resources, and you can use their search engine to find Makaton training near you.
- Contact service direct
- Contact Service Direct
Last updated on: