Type of service:
23 Woodside Road, Amersham, HP6 6AA
Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity helps to make life better for seriously ill children in the UK.
Roald Dahl Nurses provide support to children with serious illnesses, and their families. They also provide 'Marvellous Family Grants' which help UK families in financial hardship who are caring for a child with a serious illness.
Marvellous Family Grants
Marvellous Family grants are open to any family residing in the UK who have a child (or children) with a serious illness that could be life-limiting (visit their website for more information).
• The child (or children) is eligible to receive Medium or High Rate DLA (the Care component) or the Enhanced Rate for 6 of the 12 activities in the PIP or has an equivalent level of need.
• The child (or children) has yet to reach their 25th birthday.
• The family are living in financial hardship.
• The family has not received a grant for this child (or children) from the Marvellous Family Grants in the last 12 months.
• The grant is for the benefit of the child directly.
Grants of up to £500 are available to enable families to access a variety of support including;
• Play, art or music therapy sessions.
• Peer group or counselling sessions.
• Equipment or expenses so children can join in activities with their friends.
• Access to social communications technology
• Expenses to attend a family support event or conference.
• Payment of high heating bills because of the child's health condition.
• Car seats, walkers, bicycles, pushchairs, mobility chairs.
• Specialist furniture or household appliances required because of the child's health condition.
• Beds, cots, bedding, or clothing.
• Travel expenses to and from hospital.
• Respite care.
This list is not exhaustive.
- Age - Early Years (0-5)
- Age - School (5-18)
- Age - Adulthood (18-25)
- SEND descriptors
Last updated on: