The Autism Education Trust (AET) is a partnership between Ambitious about Autism, the Autism Alliance, and the National Autistic Society (NAS). It is funded and supported by the Department for Education (DfE) and hosted on behalf of the partnership by the NAS.
The purpose of the AET is to improve the education of children and young people with autism.
To achieve this, the AET:
• Develops and delivers training and a range of materials for early years, school and post 16 educational settings
• Develops and disseminates information on educational practice
• Provides an interface between users, practitioners and policy makers in respect of educational practice
• Actively engages with young people, parents/carers and practitioners to inform its work
• Undertakes research into effective practice
The AET website provides tailored advice and resources for professionals, parents, carers and children and young people with autism.
The AET manages online resources for children and young people: the Kids Zone provides younger children with information, advice and games and The Den
is an interactive area for teenagers with ASD featuring personal experience films, ask the expert films, games and quizzes.