Type of service:
16 Royal Crescent, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 3DA
WellChild is the national UK children's charity making it possible for children and young people with exceptional health needs to be cared for at home instead of hospital, wherever possible.
• WellChild Nurses - WellChild Nurses provide essential care and practical support to children and young people with exceptional health needs and their families. They play a crucial role in enabling children to leave hospital and be cared for at home, reducing the practical, emotional and financial impact for families.
• Connecting Families - The WellChild Family Tree is a growing network of families from across the UK, all of whom have children with exceptional health needs. Members provide mutual support and advice whenever its needed.
• Wolfram Syndrome Support - WellChild provide support to families of children or young people with Wolfram Syndrome, including access to support, advice and information.
• Garden and Bedroom Makeovers - WellChild Helping Hands is a home improvement programme which, with volunteers from local companies, transforms gardens and bedrooms for children and young people with exceptional health needs across the UK.
• Medicine Advice - Medicines For Children is a practical web based resource for parents and carers providing free information on over 100 medicines and their administration, either as a leaflet, how-to video or via the website.
• Better at Home Suite - The ‘Better At Home’ Suite’ provides a safe place for families to learn and practice many of the skills they will need to care for their child at home, from managing their ventilation, to feeding them via a tube.
- Age - Early Years (0-5)
- Age - School (5-18)
- Contact service direct
- No referral needed
Last updated on: