Type of service:
Post 16 Education Providers
From post-16 to postgraduate and professional development, Moulton College provides a wide range of full- and part-time courses to set you on your way to a brighter future.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Provision.
Discrete provision is provided for learners with a range of learning difficulties and disabilities from Entry level 1 – Level 1. This provision is open to young people from 16-25 years of age. Candidates may have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and support will be provided to assist with the achievement of EHCP outcomes.
There are five courses on offer from September 2017:
- Entry level 1 Preparing for Life and Work Skills
- Entry level 2 Introduction to Life and Work Skills
- Entry level 3 Progressing in Life and Work Skills
- Entry level 3 Construction course
- Level 1 Supported Internship course.
These courses provide a range of skills development so young people with special education needs and disabilities (SEND) prepare for adulthood while studying at Moulton College. Subjects include: food studies, travel training, work experience, English and maths, together with a qualification in the vocational area of choice, i.e. animal care and horse care or gardening and horticulture. A Construction based qualification is offered on the E3 construction course and an Employability qualification is offered on the Supported Internship programme.
There are a range of enrichment opportunities on the various courses, a residential, visits, trips and sport opportunities. These are supported courses with Learning Support Assistant support in class.
Learning Support at Moulton College
Staff on the Learning Support Team are trained to support students with a variety of different additional needs. These include:
- ASD / Asperger's
- Mental Health Difficulties
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties
- Sensory Impairments (they employ Communication Support Workers and several staff members can use British Sign Language)
- Physical Disabilities
The Learning Support Team can provide extra help with:
- Revision and Study Skills
- Exam Support (including exam concessions)
- English and Maths
- Planning and Structuring Assignments
- Organising Workloads
16 years - 25 years
British Sign Language, English
Contact Service Direct
Last updated on: