Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Corby Business Academy,
Corby Business Academy is committed to supporting the needs of all learners and providing appropriate challenges for all; supporting those students who may have special educational needs to those who are gifted and talented. The Academy's four levels of differentiation within all lessons mean that all students can challenge themselves to success and reach their full potential.
This school has a SEN Unit Provision providing education, support and facilities for 75 children with statements/EHC plans including 10 places post 16 and 8 within the ASD base. The provision caters for pupils with severe and profound learning difficulties including autism.
This is a school identified in the Accessibility Strategy 2015 to 2017 that has special adaptations for disabled pupils over and above what would be required under general planning and building regulations and will have as a minimum:
- Physical access to all areas of curriculum (this may not be 100% of the school building).
- Suitable parking and entrance to the school.
- A changing facility for pupils.
- A designated area for physiotherapy/treatment as required.
- Specialist furniture e.g. variable height tables where appropriate and other physical aids.
11 years - 18 years
SENCO: Mrs Francia Dickinson
- Child With A Statement
- Child With An Education, Health And Care Plan (EHC)
- School Admissions
- Via Education, Health And Care Team
Last updated on: