• Service Six offers 1-2-1 therapeutic counselling for children, young people and families.
• There is also a free counselling service for adults who live in East Northamptonshire.
• As a Registered Charity and due to contract and grant awards, Service Six provide some free counselling services for particular age groups or geographical areas.
• Currently, youth counselling services are available for free in the Northampton, Wellingborough, East Northamptonshire, Daventry & South Northamptonshire areas.
Therapeutic services can also be purchased from Service Six. If you are a young person, feel you need therapy but would not be eligible for free services, please contact Service Six to discuss the options of buying a service.Opal Project
The Opal Project was founded in 2004 to help young people between the ages of 11 and 19 who self-harm, it is now run by Service Six.
The aims and objectives of Opal is to help young people deal with self-harm, to help others handle difficult situations with self-harm and try to make young people’s lives better so they do not feel the need to self-harm.
Opal is supporting young people to become strong, understand their feelings and live a better life without the need to inflict damage on themselves. The Opal Project is open by appointment.
firstname.lastname@example.org 03332 400716 or 07714 107220Opal ProjectCounty wide activities
• Are you bored?
• Want to make new friends
• Want to have lots of fun
• Want to learn new skills
Our activities are all FREE and open to all young people aged between 10 years and 18 years old:
contact Service Six for more detailsVYBZ
Service Six undertakes sessions and programmes of fun and educational activities for children at Queensway Resource Centre, Wellingborough. These include activities such as:
• Arts and Crafts
Thursdays 4:30pm to 6pm - under 11s
6pm to 7:30 pm - 11 plus Smiles
Service Six offer ‘Play Therapy’ services for children aged 4 to 9 years of age, this service is called ‘Smiles’
These professional services are provided by fully qualified and experienced therapists and counsellors who abide by the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) good practice guidelines.
Smiles provides a safe place for children who may be feeling sad, scared, angry or confused. The therapist uses games, toys and art to help children to communicate and explore their feelings. Each therapy session normally lasts for up to 45 minutes.
Smiles will help children to be happier and healthier and will contribute towards lots of positive outcomes including improved:
• Self confidence
• Concentration and educational attainment
• Social and communication skills
• Anger management
• Personal safetyWRAP
The WRAP project is a “Work Readiness Action Programme” for people aged under 29 which aims to:
• Reduce “Worklessness Poverty” by removing barriers to education, training and employment such as having no ID and poor literacy and providing access to practical work with relevant skills and qualifications.
• Provide “Wrap Around” support by offering a suite of services to improve resilience, develop life-skills, provide access to mediation, 1:1 support and professional counselling and help tackle substance and alcohol misuse.
• Improve the health and wellbeing of participants and support positive choices surrounding lifestyle, mental and sexual health and boost self-esteem and confidence.
• Support participants in seeking and gaining education, training and employment through assistance in C.V. writing, preparation for interviews and ongoing guidance and interaction beyond the job offer to boost the likelihood of retention.
WRAP will also work with employers to tackle prejudice and identify opportunities for participants.
Working alongside first-class partners such as Goodwill Solutions, Northampton Citizen’s Advice Bureau and The University of Northampton, Service Six can:
• Support you even if you don’t have ID
• Help you develop financial literacy and take control of your money
• Work with you to improve your resilience, gain confidence and increase your self-esteem
• Help writing your C.V. and preparation for interviews
• Access professional therapy, mediation, one-to-one and peer group support
• Support you to the point of gaining employment, then beyond.
We may also be able to assist you in being able to access work; such as transportation, smart clothing and mobile telephone credit, subject to full engagement with the programme.Support Plus
Support Plus offers clients a level of support that sits between the current Information and Advice services and the Professional Therapeutic Counselling Service
Currently, free support plus services are available to children and young people aged 10-18 who live within Daventry, East Northants, Northampton, South Northants and Wellingborough
Support Plus is a confidential service and the primary aim is to provide 1-2-1 support for people who are looking to access the Counselling Service, who are on the waiting list for the Counselling Service, who are in need to talk to someone and/or who are in a crisis situation.
Sometimes people simply need a space to be able to offload and be listened to, particularly in a time of crisis and not all people need ongoing therapeutic counselling.
Support Plus offers that space.
1-2-1 support sessions are initially offered on a 'one off' basis and will be a booked appointment of between 30-50 minutes. This gives a person the opportunity to meet someone from the Support Plus service and to have an initial session to talk to someone about what is troubling or worrying them. If the person requires further support, initially 4 Support Plus sessions can be booked with a review of their progress made.Supporting Services
1:1 Programme for Children aged 5-9 years
• Intervention Content
• Bespoke Mentoring, Coaching & Support Intervention
• Programme facilitated by an identified ‘Youth ASB Prevention Practitioner’
• If further need identified during Intervention Programme above, referral to internal ‘Therapy involving Play’
To achieve the following outcomes:
• Improved behaviour and social skills
• Improved educational attendance
• Improved family relationships
• Improved wellbeing TARGET
• TARGET stands for 'Targeting And Reducing Grooming, Exploitation and Trading of children & young people online'.
• TARGET provides awareness workshops and support interventions for disadvantaged children and young people (aged 5 to 19 years, living in Northamptonshire and Leicestershire) who are experiencing or are at risk of experiencing online risky behaviours.