Type of service:
Social Care Services
Daventry District Council,
Home Improvement Agencies (HIAs) are local, trusted organisations that help older, disabled, and vulnerable people modify their homes so they can stay independent.
Handyperson services help vulnerable people with a wide variety of small jobs around the home.
Care & Repair Daventry is dedicated to helping older people, people with disabilities, children and vulnerable people to live in safety and dignity in the comfort of their own homes.
Our service offers practical advice, guidance and potential solutions to people who need adaptations or repairs to their homes.
Our friendly team will keep you fully informed and involved throughout the process right through to completion of works.
The Care & Repair team will:
Provide you with regular updates and information:
- You will have a dedicated caseworker
- Your caseworker will provide you with advice and signposting regarding your financial options
- Your caseworkers will explain how the various grant systems work in plain and simple terms
- You will be provided with a Care & Repair Daventry information pack containing details of all the services and support available to you
- Your caseworker will provide you with clear guidance on the entire application , adaptation and building processes
- Care & Repair will ensure you are aware and understand any forms/applications and correspondence we may complete on your behalf
- You will be advised of any Welfare Benefits to which you may be entitled.
- With your agreement, Care & Repair may signpost you to other services which may be able to assist and support you to live independently.
- Your caseworker will obtain competitive quotations for the proposed adaptations/building works/technical drawings.
- Your caseworker will ensure that you are aware of the cost of the building/adaptation work.
- Ensure you are satisfied with the standard of work completed by the contractor
- Care & Repair will offer advice and assistance to help you pay for the cost of any work that you require and will discuss the eligibility criteria for each available grant.
Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)
If you or someone living in your home is disabled you may qualify for this grant towards the cost of providing adaptations and facilities to enable the disabled/vulnerable/elderly person to continue to live in comfort at home.
Home Repairs Assistance Grant (HRA)
This is a grant to help home owners in receipt of a means-tested benefit to provide practical help and support for small scale works, repairs, improvements and adaptations to their homes (including house-boats and mobile homes).
- Professional Referral
- Referral By Family Member
- Self Referral
Last updated on: