Type of service:
Aimed at staff working in the local authority, academy and free mainstream primary schools and may be useful for some staff in maintained nursery schools.
The programme is being funded by Northamptonshire County Council. The training will help your school:
- Accelerate the speech, language and communication skills of pupils in order to raise achievement
- Identify and support pupils with speech, language and communication needs through targeted intervention and classroom strategies
- Evaluate the impact of speech and language intervention
- Prioritise which children will need referrals to specialist services
- Gain school to school support at forthcoming communication network meetings for course attendees
The course will cover all areas of speech, language and communication needs both within the classroom and targeted intervention. It will include strategies that will benefit the communication skills of all pupils in order to raise achievement.
The programme will comprise of 6 days over several months.
Each school will be entitled to send three staff: the SENCO, one teacher and one teaching assistant, and to nominate one of them to be their "communication champion". This person will receive materials they can use to brief colleagues in other schools.
Last updated on: