We pride ourselves on the amount of support we give to our foster carers.
By becoming a foster carer with us you will bring your own experience, skills and expertise.
In return we will give you the support you need to really make a difference to a child's life:
- Financial support
- Support and supervision from a designated social worker
- Training courses and e-learning throughout the process
- Regular newsletters with information and updates
- Advice on schooling issues for children
- Education support through the Pupil Premium and the Virtual School
- Support groups throughout Northamptonshire
- Independent mediation service to help you through the process
- Being part of a professional team who will work closely with you
- Support for your own children
Training and Development
We offer a range of training and e-learning courses throughout Northamptonshire so you can develop and grow your foster carer role.
You can view dates of classroom courses and book on to them here:Book training
We pay our foster carers a combined weekly allowance to:
- cover the cost of the child's needs
- cover the cost of the care you give to the child
- recognise skills, experience and service
All our approved council foster carers (short-term, permanent and connected persons) are paid a weekly allowance according to the age of the child or young person placed with them.
This payment includes funds for the household and the child’s personal needs, e.g. clothing, leisure activities and pocket money or savings.
It also includes a payment to recognise your developing skills, experience and knowledge as a foster carer to meet the diverse range of needs of our children and young people.
Our allowances are above the recommended Government pay rates.
One off payments
Foster Carers will also receive a one off payment each year for the child’s birthday and at Christmas, as well as extra payments in the summer holiday.