The council recognises the importance of the provision of support for parents and children in their early years.
Following the council’s decision earlier this month to decommission 21 libraries in the county, we are seeking views on the locations of universal children’s centre services and the range of services available. Whilst these issues are related, it is important to understand that a designated children’s centre relates to physical premises at a specific location, and the provision of services is about a description of services that can be delivered via a number of different buildings or locations.
The universal children’s services will be provided based on need and evidence-based interventions within the County that are accessible to families with children under 5. The council is seeking the views of existing and future service users to consider how best to achieve this. We would like to hear your views about this to help us shape our services going forward.
How you can have your say
You can give us your views in a number of ways:
- completing the online questionnaire (please contact us if you need an alternative format)
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to Children's Centre Services Consultation, Northamptonshire County Council, One Angel Square, Northampton, NN1 1ED
- attending one of the consultation events being run in all affected localities throughout April and May (see below for further details)
- using social media: Tweeting @mycountycouncil or posting comments on the mycountycouncil Facebook page
- signing or submitting a petition or e-petition
The consultation will close at 5pm on Friday 15 June 2018.
Drop in consultation events are being held in all affected localities. They are open to everyone and you can speak to staff from the Library Service, Public Health and Children First Northamptonshire about universal children's services.
The events will take place from 10am to 2pm at the following venues:
- Kettering Locality - Kettering Library, Sheep Street, Kettering NN16 0AY – Friday 27 April
- Wellingborough Locality - Wellingborough Library, Pebble Lane, Wellingborough NN8 1AS – Monday 30 April
- South Northamptonshire Locality - Towcester Library, The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester NN12 6AD – Thursday 10 May
- Daventry Locality - Daventry Library, North Street, Daventry NN11 4GH – Monday 14 May
- Northampton Locality - Weston Favell Library, Weston Favell Centre, Northampton NN3 8JZ – Tuesday 15 May
- East Northamptonshire Locality - Rushden Library, Newton Road, Rushden NN10 0PT – Wednesday 16 May
- Saturday event - Northampton Central Library, Abington Street, Northampton NN1 2BA – Saturday 26 May
You do not have to book on to these events but it would help us if you could tell us if you have any special requirements to help you attend the event. You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0300 126 1000.
Please note that there is no event in Corby Locality because universal children's services in libraries are unaffected in Corby.