Who is it for:
All practitioners working within the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The government's first response to the Five Year Forward View for Mental Health, January 2017 sets out a far-reaching programme of work to improve mental health, placing an emphasis on building resilience, prevention and early intervention.
'Happy, Healthy Me' offers practitioners the opportunity to evaluate and develop children's resilience to cope with modern life and grow into well-rounded, healthy adults. Helping children to stay mentally well is vital in supporting children's development, including their cognitive abilities, their social skills as well as their emotional wellbeing.
During the course there will also be time to reflect on various influences for establishing and maintaining good physical health including partnerships with parents.
This course is designed to develop practitioner's knowledge and understanding of their role in improving practice to support children's health and wellbeing through a variety of interactive activities.
Learners will be able to:
- List current research that has led to recommendations for early identification for long term mental health and improved academic attainment.
- Identify effective strategies and good practice to support children's emotional security.
- Reflect on how the environment impacts on children's emotional and physical health and wellbeing.
- Provide an environment that builds resilience in all children.
Length of the course: One full-day and one half-day follow up session. Delegates must attend both sessions.
Tea and coffee will be provided. Please bring own packed lunch for first session.
Course code ||
Course date and time||
Cost per participant|
One Angel Square
4 Angel Street
Session 1 Spring
23 February 2018
9:30am to 3:30pm
Session 2 Spring
23 March 2018
9:30am to 12:00pm
How to book:
Please complete the details below and email to
- course code
- course venue
- course date
- setting name
- setting address
- setting email and telephone number
- name of delegate
- training ID number