Below are the 6 key priorities for Northamptonshire:
- Increase the percentage of children and young people in Northamptonshire attending good and outstanding schools and settings.
- Increase attainment and progress outcomes at KS2 and KS4 so that they are in line with national data and match or exceed statistical neighbours.
- Close the gaps in attainment and progress for our vulnerable groups so that they are in line with or exceed national data.
- Ensure pupils can access a range of suitable EET provision at post 16 to suit their needs and that their success rates match or exceed national data.
- Ensure we provide ‘local places for local children’ across all parts of Northamptonshire and that our strategy addresses sufficiency, suitability, standards and parental preferences.
- Reduce the number of fixed term and permanent exclusions in line with our statistical neighbours.
How will we achieve these priorities?
The strategies and plans below underline how we intend to meet our key priorities for education.
School improvement strategy
The school improvement strategy sets out the core principles and beliefs that should underpin everything that we do with our schools and partners to achieve the improvements we require.
When and how we may intervene in schools if they are not achieving required standards.
School organisation plan
The school organisation plan sets the context for our sufficiency strategy in planning school places across the county in the period 2016 to 2021. The link below provides the updated version of the school organisation plan for this period.
School categorisation criteria
The county council categorises every school and this determines the type and level of support maintained schools can expect from the county council.
Contact the team
For further information on school improvement please contact us:
School improvement - supporting information
SEN support - Policies and Guidance for Special Educational Needs.
Teaching schools - Giving local schools more freedom to take increasing responsibility for managing the education system.
Safeguarding children - Ensuring schools know the correct procedure to follow if they are concerned about a pupil.
Virtual School - Championing the educational needs of looked after children.
ALPS - Helping school leadership teams identify their strengths and weaknesses through benchmarking.
Schools library service - Education support and resources for schools and early years settings.
Training and development - A range of courses to help teachers improve their job and career prospects.
- Inclusion Network Information -
The Local Offer has information on inclusion including news, network meetings and conference information.