Danesholme County Junior School, Motala Close, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 9DT
Following the allocation of places to pupils who have a statement of Special
Educational Needs which names the school as appropriate provision, when there
are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will
be given in the following order:
- Children defined in the code of practice guidelines as ‘looked after
children’ or previously looked after but immediately after being looked after
became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order.
- Where children already attend Danesholme Infant School.
- Where children already live on the Danesholme estate. A map showing the
boundaries of the estate is available from the school office.
- Where a child already has a brother or sister currently attending the school
at the time of the admission.
- Where there are medical grounds (supported by a doctor’s certificate) for
admitting the child. Parents must provide evidence from an appropriate
professional detailing why only this school can provide for the needs of the
child and why other local/alternative schools cannot. Evidence for these
applications will be considered by the headteacher and chair of governors.
- Proximity of the child’s home to the school, those living nearest being
accorded the higher priority.
In the event of oversubscription within any criterion, places will be
allocated on the basis of proximity: this will be determined by the local
authority using their standard method.