Nicholas Hawksmoor Primary School, Balmoral Close, Towcester, NN12 6JA
Following the allocation of places to pupils who have a statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school as appropriate provision, when there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order
- Children who will have a brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of the admission of the younger child. The definition of a brother or sister (sometimes referred to as a ‘sibling’) is:
- A brother or sister sharing the same parents
- A half brother or half sister, where two children share one common parent
- A step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or partnership
- The partners must be co-habited in a permanent exclusive relationship (as if they were husband and wife or civil partners for a minimum of 2 years)
- Adopted or fostered children
- A brother or sister must be living at the same address when the application is made
- Pupils who live closer to the Nicholas Hawksmoor Primary School than any other school
- Other children
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion (3) priority will be given to those who live further from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. The distance used in a ‘tiebreaker’ for any oversubscribed criterion will be a straight line distance from the address point of the child’s home to the address point of the school. Distances will be determined by the Local Authority measured on a straight line basis using a geographical information system.
Where it is necessary to choose between two or more applicants within a criterion for a final place, the tie breaker will be distance, with the child who resides the nearest to Nicholas Hawksmoor Primary School being given the place. Where there is more than one applicant at the relevant distance, then the tie breaker will be random allocation. The random allocation process will be independently supervised.