St Edward's Catholic Primary School, Eastleigh Road, Kettering, NN15 6PT
Parents wishing to apply for a place in the school must apply online.
Applicants wishing to be considered under the school’s faith and sibling criteria must also complete the Supplementary Information Form, which is available at the school, together with a reference form from their parish priest or religious leader and return them to the school. This supplementary form is not mandatory; however, if one is not received, the governors will not be able to apply their admission criteria and the application will be considered under the 'any other children' category.
Children with a statement of Special Educational Needs naming the school as appropriate provision will be admitted to the school as stated in regulations.
- Baptised Catholic ‘looked after’ children or previously looked after children (see note 1).
- Looked after or previously looked after children other than Baptised Catholic looked after children.
- Baptised practising Catholic siblings of children whose siblings will be in attendance at the school at the date of admission of the younger child, as verified by the baptismal certificate and Priest’s reference form.
- Baptised practising Catholic children, as verified by the baptismal certificate and Priest’s reference form.
- Baptised non-practising Catholic siblings of children whose siblings will be in attendance at the school at the date of admission of the younger child, as verified by the baptismal certificate.
- Baptised non-practising Catholic children, as verified by the baptismal certificate.
- Siblings of other children whose siblings will be in attendance at the date of admission.
- Children of other Christian denominations, as supported by a reference from their Minister of religion.
- Children of other Faiths, as supported by a reference from their Minister of religion.
- All other children.
In the event that any category is over-subscribed priority will be given to applicants in order of geographical proximity to the school (priority being given to the children who live closer to the school). The Governing Body will use NCC’s GIS computer system to determine the distance between the applicants address and the main school entrance. Distance measurements are carried out using a straight line basis.
Definition of Terms for St Brendan’s and St Edward’s Catholic Primary Schools
Catholic: This refers to children baptised in accordance with the rites of the Catholic Church.
Practising: This means weekly attendance at Sunday Mass.
Priest’s reference form: The form which parents fill in and give to the Priest for verification. The form is used to support applications for a place at the school.
Sibling: Sibling refers to brother or sister, half brother or sister, adopted brother or sister, step brother or sister, or the child of the parent or carer’s partner, children in foster care, and in every case, the child should be living in the same family unit at the same address.
Applicant’s address: The applicants address is defined as the address registered with the child’s General Practitioner.
Christian: Christian is defined as a member of one of the churches in full membership with Churches Together in Britain and Ireland at the time when admission decisions are made. Proof of church membership must be provided by the appropriate church leader.
Parent(s): The biological parent(s), or the person(s) with legal responsibility for the child for whom the application is being made.