Hackleton Church Of England Aided Primary School, Main Road, Hackleton, NN7 2AB
When there are more applications than there are places available, the governors will admit pupils according to the following criteria which are listed in order of priority. The governors will give priority to children with a statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school.
- ‘Looked after children’ - that is children in local authority care or previously ‘looked after children’ but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order.
- Children on social or medical grounds, where professionals have clearly identified that the school will best meet the needs of the child. These applications must be accompanied by documentary evidence from appropriate professionals within the Health or Social services (see social and medical definition below).
- Children living with their parents/legal guardians in the civil parish of Hackleton. This includes Piddington, Horton, Preston Deanery and the relevant part of Wootton Fields (Wootton Fields:1-9 & 2-12 The Ashes, 3-23 & 2-10 The Choakles, 43-45 & 30-42 Long Meadow, 1-37 & 4-60 Milton Bridge, 7-17 Thrupp Bridge. Salcey Lawn-Hartwell. Eakley Lanes – Stoke Goldington) (see residence definition below).
- Children who have a sibling attending the school at the time of admission (see sibling definition below).
- Children of parents/legal guardians who worship at St. John the Baptist, Piddington or St. Mary Magdalene, Horton. These applications must be accompanied by form SIF/A available from the school. The completed SIF/A will then be sent to the minister with form SIF/B to verify church allegiance.
- Children of worshipping members of any Church that is a member of Churches Together in England, this includes the Church of England. These applications must be accompanied by form SIF/A available from the school. The completed SIF/A will then be sent to the minister with form SIF/B to verify church allegiance.
- Children of parents/legal guardians of other faiths, or none, who wish their child to be educated in this church school and Christian environment.
Where there are more applications in any one category, applications will be prioritised on the distance from the child’s home to the address point of the school. Distances are measured from the address point of the child’s home to the address point of the school. It is measured on a straight line basis, using the Local Authority Geographical Information System.
The child’s place of residence is the address of the parent or legal guardian with whom the child spends the majority of time during the school week. (Parent(s)/legal guardian(s) may be asked to produce evidence of residency/home address at any time during the admissions process).
Social/medical need definition
If you believe that your child has exceptional medical or social needs you will need to provide evidence of this from an appropriate professional. The needs must relate to your child and the evidence must detail how the needs of your child can only be met at your preferred school. This can be sent in a sealed envelope if you prefer. If accompanied by a professional’s letter, they MUST demonstrate in their judgement why Hackleton School can meet your child’s needs, and also demonstrate why other local schools cannot meet your child’s needs. It is not sufficient for a professional to say in their judgement only Hackleton School can meet your child’s needs; they must state why schools B or C cannot meet the needs. Hackleton governors' admissions panel, having read the evidence received, will make the final decision whether or not to admit the child.
Definition of siblings
The definition of a brother or sister (sometimes referred to as a sibling):
- a brother or sister sharing the same parent
- a half brother or half sister where 2 children share one common parent
- a step-brother or step sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- adopted children
A brother or sister must be living at the same address when the application is made.