Kingswood Secondary Academy, Gainsborough Road, Corby, NN18 9NS
In the event of applications for places exceeding the 208 available places, the following criteria – applied in the order set out below – will be used to determine which children to admit.
The admission of children who name the Kingswood Secondary Academy on their statement of special educational needs will take priority over all other oversubscription admission criteria.
- Children who are in the care of the local authority (looked after) or previously looked after.
- Children who live in Cottingham, Middleton, Rockingham and East Carlton – for whom the local education authority provides transport to the Kingswood Secondary Academy.
- Children who will have an older brother or sister continuing at Kingswood Secondary Academy at the time of admission of the younger child.
- Children who live closer to the Kingswood Secondary Academy than any other school.
- Other pupils.
- The home address of the child is considered to be the permanent residence of the child.
- Where a child lives between two parents, the qualifying address will be where the child sleeps the majority of the school week
- Any other school’ does not include Brooke Weston Academy.
If the admission number is exceeded within any of the criteria, priority will be given to children on the basis of proximity to the school, as measured in a straight line from the child’s home to the main entrance of the school.