Thrapston Primary School, Market Road, Thrapston, NN14 4JU
In the case of oversubscription, after the admission of pupils with a statement of Special Educational Needs, places will be allocated in the following order:
- Children in public care or previously in public care but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order.
- Children living in Thrapston and Denford.
- Children with an older brother or sister already attending the school.
- Children with medical needs. (Evidence is required from a professional person that specifies that the school is the only school in the area that can provide the special care needed.)*
- Proximity of the child’s home to the school with those living nearest being accorded the higher priority.
Where the admission number is exceeded within a criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances are measured using a Geographical Information System (GIS) by Northamptonshire County Council.
*Medical need: definition/evidence required.
If you believe that your child has exceptional medical needs you will need to provide evidence of this from an appropriate professional. The needs must relate to your child and the evidence must detail how the needs of your child can only be met at Thrapston Primary School. This can be sent in a sealed envelope if you prefer. If accompanied by a professional’s letter, they MUST demonstrate in their judgement why this school can meet your child’s needs, and also demonstrate why other local schools cannot meet your child’s needs. It is not sufficient for a professional to say in their judgement only. Thrapston School can meet your child’s needs, they must state why other schools cannot meet the needs. The headteacher in conjunction with a designated governor will consider the evidence and make their decision based on this.