Monksmoor Park C of E Primary School
To be confirmed.
The Radstone Primary Academy
When the academy is oversubscribed, after the admission of pupils with an Education, Health and Care plan naming the school, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in priority order:
- Looked after children and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to adoption, a child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
- Children who will have a brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the younger child*.
- Children of staff**.
- Children who are eligible for Pupil Premium and / or service premium.
- Children who live closer to the The Radstone than any other school.
- Other children.
Where it is necessary to choose between two or more applicants within a criterion for a final place, the tiebreaker will be distance, with the child who resides the nearest to The Radstone being given the place. Where there is more than one applicant at the relevant distance, then the tiebreaker will be random allocation. The random allocation process will be independently supervised.
*The definition of a brother or sister (sometimes referred to as a ‘sibling’) is:
- A brother or sister sharing the same parents.
- A half brother or half sister, where two children share one common parent.
- A step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or partnership. The partners must be co-habited in a permanent exclusive relationship (as if they were husband and wife or civil partners for a minimum of 2 years).
Adopted or fostered children
A brother or sister must be living at the same address when the application is made.
**Children of staff who are employed at The Radstone (either full- or part-time) provided that the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application to the school is made and / or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
Application process for Year 1 and Year 2
The Radstone will process applications for the school for year 1 and year 2 outside the normal process of co-ordination. This means that you will need to make a separate application directly to the school for a place for Year 1 or Year 2.