If you are a disabled child or young person you have the same rights as a non-disabled child or young person to participate in decisions and issues that affect you.
What support is there for you locally?
- The Local Offer is a database of services available in Northamptonshire for children and young people (aged 0-25) with special educational needs and disabilities
- The children and families service finder has details of support groups, activities, education and more
- The Preparing for Adulthood site links to specialist support and advice for young people with disabilities making the transition to adulthood
- Blue Badge - if you drive, you may be able to apply for a blue badge parking permit
What support is there for you nationally?
- The Disabled Go guide is for everyone with disabilities and lists lots of places to go and things to do in the county
- Scope provides information and support for young disabled people aged 10 to 18
- Action for Children is one of the largest providers of services for children and young people with disabilities
- GOV.UK has information on all your legal rights, including benefits and financial support, equipment and transport and working rules
- GOV.UK also has help and support to help you find and stay in work