Other councils and local governments

Find your MP

There are 7 Members of Parliament (MPs) who represent their local constituencies in the House of Commons.

Find your MEP

There are 5 Members of European Parliament (MEPs) who represent the East Midlands in the European Parliament.

Local government

The county council works alongside local councils which provide different services.

District and Borough councils

There are 4 borough councils and 3 district councils in Northamptonshire.

Parish and town councils

Although independent of other levels of local government such as district or county councils, parish and town councils maintain a close working relationship with both.

Further information about the work of parish and town councils is available through the Northamptonshire County Association of Local Councils (NCALC) website. To find contact details for your parish clerk, go to our interactive mapping service.

  • Type in your postcode and your Parish details.
    • Provided you are in a parished area, the details will appear in the left hand panel.
  • Alternatively, click onto the + sign to expand the Council and Democracy section, then tick the box for Parish. This will show all parishes on the map.

This information is maintained by the Northamptonshire County Association of Local Councils (NCALC). Please contact NCALC directly if any of the information is not correct.

Timeline Photos

The Youth Ambition Awards celebrate the amazing young people of Northamptonshire. Nominations are now open for The Taking Charge of Your Life Award:...

View on Facebook

Northamptonshire County Council's cover photo

View on Facebook

Timeline Photos

Do you know a young role model? Nominate them for The Young Role Model of the Year Award: This could be someone who has overcome a personal barrier...

View on Facebook

For fast, friendly, anytime, trusted NHS advice on breastfeeding, message our Start4Life BreastFeeding Friend chatbot. Simply open Facebook Messenger ...

View on Facebook

Britain's Best Surprise

View on Facebook

How to report a concern

Child abuse. If you think it, report it. You don’t need to be concerned that someone will find out it was you – you can report anonymously or ask for ...

View on Facebook