Land and planning

Land and planning information relating to Gypsies and Travellers.

Encampments on private land

Trespass on land is a civil matter with prevention of trespass being the responsibility of the landowner. The landowner (or representative) should in the first instance ask the trespasser(s) to leave.

Then you may wish to:

Encampments on land owned by Gypsies or Travellers

As a Gypsy or Traveller you need to gain planning consent for such a site just like anyone else. If you do not then the site is classed as an unauthorised development and the local planning authority will deal with it under the normal planning powers available to it.

Contact planning services at your local council

Local authority permanent Traveller sites

Local authority permanent Traveller sites are owned and managed by the relevant district or borough council - not Northamptonshire Countywide Traveller Unit.

Search the map to find the closest local authority Traveller site to you:

Traveller sites

Select Layers

Online retailer fined after admitting false description of leather wallets

View on Facebook

Private fostering

Do you work with children? If so, you may know of private fostering arrangements. This is where a child or young person up to the age of 16 (18 if ...

View on Facebook

Our 30 Days 30 Way UK emergency preparedness campaign is back! Launching on September 1st, the campaign will feature a daily message to encourage us ...

View on Facebook

Payments system - intermittent downtime

View on Facebook

Fostering and Adoption Open Evening

If you've been thinking about using your skills and experiences to help others and make a difference, this could be the time you change a life forever...

View on Facebook

Free 30 hours of childcare for 3 and 4 year olds

If you're the parent of a 3/4 year old and you’re working 16 hours a week on minimum or living wage, you could be eligible for 30 hours funded childca...

View on Facebook
Working in partnership with
© Northamptonshire County Council 2017