There are 3 main services we offer which mean you can still enjoy the Library Service even if you are unable to visit your local library: the mobile library, the Library to You Service and the Sound Reads Service.
There is a mobile library van which covers the east and west of the county.
Mobile library timetable: how to find the dates and times of your nearest mobile library stop
The mobile library timetable is now provided through Northamptonshire County Council's interactive mapping service. To find the dates and times of your nearest stop:
Mobile library timetables
- Click on mobile library timetables heading below
- Go to the 'find my nearest' link (near top left of webpage)
- Choose 'mobile library stops' from drop down list
- Enter your postcode or choose your village or town from the drop down list
Mobile library review 2017
We review the mobile library service every year and work with our drivers to look at all the comments and suggestions we receive.
As a general rule we will try to add time to busy stops and remove stops where less than two people use them. Sometimes the logistics of this mean we have to amend the times of other stops to make the routes cost effective and fuel efficient.
We continue to welcome your comments which will feed into the next annual review. Please continue to log your comments with our drivers.
Library to You service
How does it work?
This is a free service for customers who are unable to get to the library, either through age or disability.
- A member of library staff will call you to explain how the service works and to discuss your reading preferences
- We will then select items for you according to your tastes and requirements
- Volunteers then deliver to your home every month and will talk to you to ensure that we are selecting the right stock for you
How do I arrange a visit?
To arrange a visit or find out more, please contact your
Sound reads service
How does it work?
We are here to help people with a visual impairment who enjoy reading to find out about the services available to them in Northamptonshire.