Our most important resource is our people. We currently employ around 482 staff who deliver services throughout the county.
- 22 fire stations
- one headquarters building at Wootton Hall in Northampton
- three satellite sites:
- Moulton Way (Northampton)
- Moulton Park (Northampton)
- The Headlands (Kettering)
The Chief Fire Officer (CFO), Deputy Chief Fire Officer (DCFO) and four Area Managers (AMs) come together to form the Fire Executive Group (FEG) for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS).
Each of their service areas are listed below:
CFO Darren Dovey
The priorities in the Fire and Rescue National Framework are:
- to make provision for prevention and protection activities and respond to incidents appropriately.
- to work in partnership with our communities and a wide range of partners locally and nationally in order to deliver our service.
- to be accountable to our communities for the service we provide.
The CFO is therefore responsible for all areas of NFRS. As part of the FEG structure, the CFO also oversees two community delivery areas within NFRS:
- Service delivery
- Operational support
DCFO David Harding
The DCFO oversees two corporate service areas within NFRS:
- Support services
- Business services
NFRS also work closely with Local Government Shared Services (LGSS) who provide HR advice, payroll and pension transactions and financial regulations.