You can apply for or renew a Blue Badge if you are resident in Northamptonshire and if you meet the
The Blue Badge costs £10 and usually lasts for three years or until Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment expires (if this is less than 3 years).
The assessment process may take up to 6 weeks following receipt of your completed application and all supporting evidence.
You should apply to renew your badge 8 weeks before it is due to expire.
When you are applying for or renewing a Blue Badge, please remember to provide your supporting evidence. This includes:
- Proof of identity - this can be a birth certificate/adoption certificate, valid photo card driving licence or a passport
- Proof of address - this can be a Council tax bill or a letter from the Benefits Agency, the Employment Service, the Inland Revenue or a Local Authority, a bill or a bank statement dated within the last 12 months
- Proof of eligibility, for example:
- Evidence of receipt of Higher Rate Mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
- Document evidence of visual impairment
- Evidence of receipt of the mobility components of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) including the second page which shows the ‘moving around’
Applying for or renewing online
Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
Northamptonshire County Council has been made aware of third party websites which offer an ‘assistance service’ to Blue Badge applicants for a fee.
These sites are not in any way affiliated with the council and any fee paid will
not go towards the issuing of a badge by Northamptonshire County Council.
Having problems with the form?
If you are having technical difficulties with the online application form, please call the national helpline on 0343 100 1000.
Applying or renewing online in a library
local library offers a free checking service with online blue badge applications and renewals.
Library computers will be available for you to complete your application but you will need to be able to use a computer mouse and keyboard to do this. If you would like help in building confidence using a computer please talk to staff who will be happy to arrange an appointment with an IT Buddy volunteer.
Library staff will be able to take your photo for
online Blue Badge applications (provided you have not already submitted the application) but they cannot take payment for you. You will need to pay online with a credit or debit card, or send your payment separately by Royal Mail.
Applying or renewing by post
To apply or renew by post you should download, print and complete the form below and return it along with the
£10 fee and
supporting documents ( please see the supporting evidence section at the top of this page).
The free checking service in your local library is not available for paper applications.
Applying or renewing on behalf of an organisation
Organisations caring for disabled people meeting the criteria may be able to receive a badge, but this is entirely at our discretion.
Download, print and complete the form below if you wish to apply on behalf of an organisation:
Eligibility and other information