Our road safety training for organisations can help ensure your staff know the
importance of staying safe on the roads
What does the training contain?
This training is designed to challenge the widely held beliefs and myths surrounding alcohol and driving.
By the end of the training, we will address questions such as:
- what is a unit of alcohol?
- how long will it stay in your system?
- how can you ensure you are alcohol-free when driving?
- what are the consequences of drink driving?
- what is the new drug limit
- what are the penalties
- how do you recognise alcohol and drug use in the workplace
Working Drivers Training
Driving is a lifelong skill and the most dangerous activity that most of us do every day. Many people drive for work either in a vehicle provided by their employers or in their own vehicles. The latest government figures showed that in 2014, 547 people were killed and around 50,000 casualties were reported where the driver’s main purpose was work. This accounts for approximately 31% of all road deaths.
Effective management of work-related road safety helps reduce risk and could result in, for example:
- Fewer injuries to drivers
- Reduced risk of work-related ill health
- Reduced stress and improved moral
- Fewer ‘at-fault’ insurance claims
- Reduced fuel bills
- Savings on consumables (for example, tyres and brakes)
As drivers we should never stop learning and additional practical driver training can help to increase confidence, improve driving skills and reduce the risk of being involved in a collision.
Furthermore, improving your driving skills can the additional benefits of:
- Improving confidence and ability
- Improving concentration
- Helping drivers to better analyse and anticipate the actions of other road users
- Developing a positive attitude towards driving
- Helping to create space and giving you time to deal with mistakes made by yourself and others
It is estimated that effective driver training can typically reduce fleet costs by up to 20% per year and that driving more efficiently can save over £320 per vehicle per year.
We provide a number of unique driver training courses, which can be tailored to your own requirement. The courses are run in conjunction with R3 and are held at Rockingham Motor Speedway, Corby.
Make an enquiry
For further information or to discuss your requirements and book training for your organisation please email: