Report and track highway problems: Street Doctor

Before you start

Some problems cannot be reported through Street Doctor because they are the responsibility of other organisations. Please check first whether the problem you wish to report is listed below:

​To report an abandoned vehicle:

Please supply the registration number, type and condition of the abandoned car, and its location.

Check who is responsible for dealing with different types of flooding on the Northamptonshire Flood Toolkit website.

Please note that if the flooding is occurring on the public highway, you should report this via Street Doctor so we can investigate and take any necessary action.

​Fly tipping should be reported to your local borough or district council.

​Speeding should be reported to Northamptonshire Police.

​Problems with street name signs should be reported to your local borough or district council.

Northamptonshire County Council is not responsible for the following roads:

Highways England roads

  • M1
  • M45
  • A5
  • A14
  • A43 between the M40 Junction 10 and M1 Junction 15a (from Northampton to the county boundary near Stamford is NCC)
  • A45 between Thrapston and the M1 Junction 15 (from Junction 16 to the county boundary towards Dunchurch is NCC)

Any concerns about works on the above roads must be directed to using the following link:


Report or track a problem using Street Doctor

You can tell us about most problems on the roads or highways (apart from those listed above) - or you can track a problem you have already logged by using our Street Doctor system:

Report or track a problem